16-19 Tuition Fund 2021-2022
What is the 16-19 Tuition fund?
The 16-19 fund is additional funding that has been provided to the school to ensure we support all 16-19 learners who have had their learning disrupted by the COIVD -19 lockdown.
How is this fund used at Nether Stowe School?
We will use this fund to provide small group (maximum of five per group) and 1:1 tuition to students. These sessions will be developed in a bespoke way to meet the individual needs of every leaner. The tuition sessions will be scheduled in addition to the planned programme of study hours already timetabled for the academic year 2020/21.
Examples of some of the Tuition Support on offer will include:
- English and maths skills development including support in preparing for Functional Skills
- GCSE resit preparation
- To purchase bespoke resources for students targeted in the tuition catch up and use these to support their learning
- Academic skills support and mentoring
- Skills support to aid mastery and make up for any shortfall from previous learning.
Support sessions will be prioritised for the following students:
- Those with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan
- Those 16-18 year old learners with a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Those who have a grade 4 or below in GCSE Maths and/or English
- Those students most disadvantaged (from the 27% most economically deprived areas of the country based on the index of multiple deprivation)
- Those classed as vulnerable or impacted most by the pandemic